HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Daughters first buck
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 06:20 PM
ctketch

Default RE: Daughters first buck

You guys are right nothing is better then seeing your kids having sucess. Both my daughters have had some luck but my oldest got a deer the first year out and this one has got one every year. I think this is really bothering the oldest it is just the luck of the being there at the right time. They both hunt the same farm so the deer are there. Katie my oldest said she probably won't go next year it really breaks my heart. I told her that was fine if that is what she wanted I hope that she changes her mind cause it will be her last year before she leaves for college. My plan is to ask her agin this summer and try going to southern Iowa away from home during the early muzzleloader season and getting her an extra doe tag and let her blast the first one and then look for a buck. She really wants to kill a buck any buck will due but there are a lot more deer in southern Iowa to choose from. Wish me luck in convincing her not to give up and thanks for all the kind words. I think Kelsie is really into it and she seems to love being outdoors. Thanks for letting me ramble on good luck to anyone still trying to fill tags. I will try to fil my late muzzle tag soon.

Chad