HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Stands for 09'
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 12:52 AM
StrutNtom
Typical Buck

Default New Stands for 09'

I have been thinking about this coming season and plan on changing my set-ups on the private land that I hunt.

As much as I like my Equalizer stand (and I truly do think that it's the best climber on the market) it is still a climber. As we all know until October it is HOT here in SC. So by the time you walk to your stand and climb 20ft up a tree in a climber you are miserable and soaked.

I want to use a set-up that I can move fairly easy by myself so ladder stands are out. I rather hunt out of a lock-on than any other kind of stand, but most aren't comfortable enough for me to want to sit in for an extended time except for the really big and bulky ones which are also very heavy.

One thing that I have learned over the years of hunting even a small tract of land like mine is that year to year deer will follow the same trails AND make new ones each year. Every year towards the end of the season I am moving one of my stands to a "new" area within the 18ac tract of land to cover a new trail that is usually beat down to the rocks.

I have been giving it a lot of thought over the past two seasons and I think this summer I am going to buy two of the Millennium hang-on stands and four of the receiver brackets. That will give me one stand to move from three brackets that I would keep set up in my usual spots and one stand and bracket to keep mobile.

The stands weigh 14lbs and look to pack well and have plenty of room for bow hunters. They also look like they would be easy to set up as all you have to do is slide them into the bracket. I haven't read anything negative about them and most say that they are the most comfortable stand they've ever used. Another good thing is that they are cheaper now. I will use a mixture of ladder sticks and screw in steps depending on the stand location.

What are your thoughts? Do any of you use these stands?

Note****For you LoneWolf guys, I'm not interested in using them.

Here is a link to their web site and a link to a video.

http://millenniumstands.com/Page3.html

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/community/product_features/photos/pages/4_archery/pf_milleniumhangonstand_int.html?cm_vid=pod