HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - dehydrator meats...
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 10:42 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default dehydrator meats...

ok guys...i just found out that my buddy had a good dehydrator and a pretty much commercial jerky shooter with a flat and round nozzle...

i have a bunch of ground meat i really dont use that i can afford to make stuff with...the flat jerky wasnt bad at all...he made his too dry for my liking...i dont like it chewy but i dont like it to CRACK when i bite it either...

i will probably make some of it and some of the round too just to see how it turns out....

id REALLY like to make "snack sticks" if possible. you know the ones that are like slim jims almost....i dont know if they are smoked or dehydrated or how to make them.....but if i could and it wasnt hard id like to make them.....i dont know if i could leave my round stuff from the jerky shooter in a certain amount of time to get a more moist product like a snack stick or what....

just dont wanna make it moist and get sick or have it rot or mold or anything.....

any info?? thanx guys...i had no idea my buddy had a dehyrator...they (the family) must be smart and not bring their jerky around coz it goes QUICK with a group of hunters around....but i caught them in the middle of cooking today! lol