HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Desert Stryker..
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 11:03 AM
awshucks
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Desert Stryker..

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Excal does put the arrow weight at the bottom of the bow's page in red! Ten Point does not!
Don, isn't the 'Firebolt" standard issue now? Aren't they around 380 gr? Admittedly, that's enough over 350 to keep them from getting max fps even w/ FFF strings.

Maybe the switch by GT to the thinner walled shafts has something to do w/ it all. a custom arrow maker on Excal was lamenting the fact he could,'t get 350 gr w/ them as the 'old' components came to 330 gr.

Excal could have got 350ish w/ them by providing 125 gr points, but suspect that would have turned into a disaster w/ guys going to 100 gr and being under limit.

Here's more trivia, lol. Many of us know Miller dances to the beat of his own drum [said fondly] but back in '04 he told me he didn't even carry the minimum weight GT's. His all had brass inserts and 4" vanes vs 5".

I recently weighed some he provided w/ an Emax, GT's brass, 4" vanes, 408 gr. What I don't know is if they were in a RS package or not.

I'm glad I don't have to sell them, lol. Wyvern is not the only one that doesn't care for this situation, [don't blame him either]met a dealer in Knoxville that carried on for a half hour on his dis-satisfaction. He sold his stock at wholesale and quit carrying them.