HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Desert Stryker..
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Wyvern Crossbow
Fork Horn

Default RE: Desert Stryker..

I agree that IBO is annoying as well. One of the diferances though is that for lack of a better term crossbows are shooting out of a "machine" since they are shot at full draw all the time. I have not found factory speeds that far off with the other manufacuturers I sell when using their factory arrows. You are experienced enough to know that if you pick up an Excal off the shelf, stick in a factory arrow and shoot it it will not shoot the advertized speeds, but I can pick up any TenPoint(except their recurves)or Parker and get what they claim or darn close with the factory arrow. I get calls all the time where people are comparing bows and hear "Well, the Vortex shoots the same speed as the "X"" and when I tell them that it will not they feel like they are being lied to by Excal and buy the other brand. In compounds, it has been arround so long it is expected, but crossbows are attracting a diferant crowd such as novice archers and it is not right to "fluff" your speed numbers (not right for compounds either). If you could buya 350gr arrow from Excal then it would not be so deceptive. It would simply be a point of saying that the speeds can be achieved if you buy "this optional arrow", but that is not the case. Your average guy who reads all the "Excal is the greatest thing since sliced bread!" comments on these threads is going to look at the website, see 305fps, "may" read the little footnote, then buy the bow and rightstuff package and think he is getting 305fps when reality is 285fps. I gave Tenpoint crap at the last ATA show when they claimed 300fps with their recurve and I found out it was with a 350gr arrow. MY first questions was "are you going to be selling 350gr arrows?" when the answer was "no" I told them I thought that was deceptive advertizing. Their response was it was how they had to compete with Excal. You are right, the compound industry will not change, but crossbows only have this issue in the recurve end. It is not too late to change...all Excal and Tenpoint have to do to at least take the deceptive part out of the advertizing is to offer 350gr arrows. I dont see where this is a real problem.
Wyvern