HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Steathcam I590 - AWESOME sensor abilities
Old 12-22-2008, 10:22 AM
npaden
Nontypical Buck

Default Steathcam I590 - AWESOME sensor abilities

Well, the sensor on the I590 may be too good!

I had a bunch of pictures that I thought were false triggers at night which seemed really strange. I looked and looked and didn't see anything in any of the pictures. Finally I noticed a mouse! It is directly under the feeder in this picture but actually the only way I noticed it was that it moved around in some of the other pictures.

It also took a picture of the woodpecker stealing corn out of the nozzle of the feeder. That one took me a couple tries to find what triggered it.

The sensor range is pretty good too. Got my first picture of an armadillo.

Another example of the sensor range. Coyote in the background. Probably 20 - 25 yards from the camera.

Oh, and there is no doubt that the sensor range is outside of the view of the camera. Check out the picture of this buck on the right (that's the only picture I got of him).

It is AMAZING what these cameras are picking up verus my old Moultrie Gamespy 200's. I know some of it is the colder temperatures right now, but actually I am concerned that with it triggering on all these small critters, a big critter might walk by when it is taking a break between bursts. I've changed my setting from 3 shot burst with 5 minutes between them to 2 shot bursts with 3 minutes between them to help this somewhat.

The fact that they accept 4gb cards and I'm running them on external 12v batteries keeps me from being worried about the number of pictures it is taking, but I am wondering about the settings. Looking at pictures there seems to generally be plenty of time between most burst sequences unless something is actively feeding, but I might need to drop it down to only 2 minutes between shots.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Nathan