Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Steathcam I590 - AWESOME sensor abilities >

Steathcam I590 - AWESOME sensor abilities

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Steathcam I590 - AWESOME sensor abilities

Old 12-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Steathcam I590 - AWESOME sensor abilities

Well, the sensor on the I590 may be too good!

I had a bunch of pictures that I thought were false triggers at night which seemed really strange. I looked and looked and didn't see anything in any of the pictures. Finally I noticed a mouse! It is directly under the feeder in this picture but actually the only way I noticed it was that it moved around in some of the other pictures.

It also took a picture of the woodpecker stealing corn out of the nozzle of the feeder. That one took me a couple tries to find what triggered it.

The sensor range is pretty good too. Got my first picture of an armadillo.

Another example of the sensor range. Coyote in the background. Probably 20 - 25 yards from the camera.

Oh, and there is no doubt that the sensor range is outside of the view of the camera. Check out the picture of this buck on the right (that's the only picture I got of him).

It is AMAZING what these cameras are picking up verus my old Moultrie Gamespy 200's. I know some of it is the colder temperatures right now, but actually I am concerned that with it triggering on all these small critters, a big critter might walk by when it is taking a break between bursts. I've changed my setting from 3 shot burst with 5 minutes between them to 2 shot bursts with 3 minutes between them to help this somewhat.

The fact that they accept 4gb cards and I'm running them on external 12v batteries keeps me from being worried about the number of pictures it is taking, but I am wondering about the settings. Looking at pictures there seems to generally be plenty of time between most burst sequences unless something is actively feeding, but I might need to drop it down to only 2 minutes between shots.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Nathan
Old 02-19-2009, 07:32 AM

Default RE: Steathcam I590 - AWESOME sensor abilities

GEN retains a group of senior human resource consultants, whose expertise and experience provide strong support to clients in sourcing and recruiting the most competent candidates.
As our mission statement implies ("more accurate, more agile and more accountable"), we provide the most qualified candidates to our clients, as quickly as possible, while abiding by local labor law.
---------------------------
jems
-----------------
Used Cars
Old 02-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jems

GEN retains a group of senior human resource consultants, whose expertise and experience provide strong support to clients in sourcing and recruiting the most competent candidates.
As our mission statement implies ("more accurate, more agile and more accountable"), we provide the most qualified candidates to our clients, as quickly as possible, while abiding by local labor law.
jems
-----------------

HUH?
Old 02-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

How much did you pay for that I590?
Old 02-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: pnut

jems
-----------------

HUH?
Stupid Spammers
Old 02-19-2009, 05:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

jems
-----------------

HUH?
Stupid Spammers
Deleted and banned.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

Pnut they are on sale at Natchez Shooters Supply for $94.95
call 1-800-251-7839 for sales assistance.

Martin
Old 02-20-2009, 02:14 AM
Fork Horn

i need to get me one soon. they are so cool
Old 02-20-2009, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: martinfaw

Pnut they are on sale at Natchez Shooters Supply for $94.95
call 1-800-251-7839 for sales assistance.

Martin
Thinking about getting one myself.
I was wanting to get another flash camera along and the new Cudde's are not well liked over at Chasingame.com so I didn't know what to get. This is a great price.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

would you reccommend the stealthcam i590 or the moultree d40? im trying to decide between the 2 and need some help

Quick Reply: Steathcam I590 - AWESOME sensor abilities

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.