HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Someone else hunting in my stand...
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 10:59 AM
Zrabfan26
Fork Horn

Default Someone else hunting in my stand...

I am really irritated with the neighbor at my dad's farm. He doesn't have any permission to hunt my dad's ground, yet he'll hunt my stand when I'm not around. Last year it was the last day of rifle buck and I wasn't in the stand, so he helped himself to the stand. It turned out he bagged what was most likely the biggest buck the farm has ever shot, some luck. Drove his truck right through my dad's field to retrieve it, again without permission. This year he shot another deer from that stand, unkown if buck or doe during the week while I was at work. Once again driving through the field, this time leaving ruts. When my dad told me I said "what an a-hole". He didn't say anything either time and told me well he don't want to piss him off cause he's the neighbor and sometimes if the steers get out he'll call him to let him know. So I'm offended that he don't want to piss this guy off instead he's pissing meoff. So I don't know what to do. It's my dad's property he's trespassing but its my treestand. For at least the past 30 years theres been a wooden stand in this location, 2 years ago I rebuilt one made out of pressure treated lumber. I didn't build it so this guy can enjoy. If I take it down then I lose out, which isn't right. What would you guys do?