HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rifle season 2008 is history
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Cornelius08
Banned

Default RE: Rifle season 2008 is history

Livbucks, the plan is in place and has been, and those are the results so I dont think it is even debatable the results are the results! There is no "other" deer plan in place.

As for your question on b/d ratio and lower dd causing herd health declines, I dont think thats the case, though it is largely unknown exactly how ourextreme reductions or other change has caused the effects that itmight havetothe data. At the least, I think we have learned that our situation was FAR from the horror stories that were advertised judging by this data and lack of improvement. It also brings into question the validity of using reproductive data in the exact manner they insist on,when in many areas of the state, pgc admits that not nearly enough data can be or has been collected.Another example of pgc resisting benefical change.And no matter the reason, the plan right now is based on nothing more than the desires of ecoextreme groups with agendas and the boc's ear.

I continually hear RSB spew nonsense about not having enough reproductive data to go to smaller wmus. Thats pure nonsense. MANY states have smaller wmus than Pa, and the management in most cases is so much better than pa's joke scheme its sickening. There are other measures that can be used, and pgc should "adapt", not just run our deer program down the crapper and our hunting with it.