Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Rifle season 2008 is history >

Rifle season 2008 is history

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Rifle season 2008 is history

Old 12-26-2008, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Rifle season 2008 is history

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

ORIGINAL: Coalcracker

ORIGINAL: livbucks

Perhaps he helped him construct the snare on this trail. Wonder if he put the buck into a big buck contest, doesn't two wrongs make a right.
I have never entered a single contest of that nature...ever.

CC..maybe to your credit, your kids didn't realize what was beng done was illegal. Party hunting has always been illegal in PA.
Yes I know party hunting is illegal, never triedto harvest more than one deer and turned downquite a few in my day, that were killed by others. How many have you tagged that were shot by others, other than that ten pointer shot and tagged by you for an archery kill. Don't be bashfull, I doubt that this was the first time.
You can try to twist the facts into pretzel if you want. No you didn't try to harvest more than one deer yourself. By tagging a deer for another and then driving for that person, you conspired to help him harvest more than the law allowed.

By allowing a 10 year old to shoot an illegal deer and tagging it yourself you not only conspired to kill an illegal deer, you corrupted a 10 year old.

Think about what you robbed HIM of by your illegal acts. He shot his very first deer but because grandad didnt like the law and taught him to poach, he can't show a picture or tell the story of his first deer even to his friends without lying about the details. If he has a conscience, it will be a cloud over him every time the subject of "the first deer" comes up among his hunting buddies. You stole something from him that can never be replaced. No amount of passing up does bucks or planting foodplots can undo what you have done.

SPROUL, now be a good boy and not respond, i know its killing you to tell what you know about this
Old 12-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rifle season 2008 is history

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

ORIGINAL: Coalcracker

ORIGINAL: livbucks

Perhaps he helped him construct the snare on this trail. Wonder if he put the buck into a big buck contest, doesn't two wrongs make a right.
I have never entered a single contest of that nature...ever.

CC..maybe to your credit, your kids didn't realize what was beng done was illegal. Party hunting has always been illegal in PA.
Yes I know party hunting is illegal, never triedto harvest more than one deer and turned downquite a few in my day, that were killed by others. How many have you tagged that were shot by others, other than that ten pointer shot and tagged by you for an archery kill. Don't be bashfull, I doubt that this was the first time.
You can try to twist the facts into pretzel if you want. No you didn't try to harvest more than one deer yourself. By tagging a deer for another and then driving for that person, you conspired to help him harvest more than the law allowed.

By allowing a 10 year old to shoot an illegal deer and tagging it yourself you not only conspired to kill an illegal deer, you corrupted a 10 year old.

Think about what you robbed HIM of by your illegal acts. He shot his very first deer but because grandad didnt like the law and taught him to poach, he can't show a picture or tell the story of his first deer even to his friends without lying about the details. If he has a conscience, it will be a cloud over him every time the subject of "the first deer" comes up among his hunting buddies. You stole something from him that can never be replaced. No amount of passing up does bucks or planting foodplots can undo what you have done.

SPROUL, now be a good boy and not respond, i know its killing you to tell what you know about this
Don't be bashful, go ahead and say it, respond, respond. I only had onedoe tag this year and I didn't use it until 4:50 on the second Saturday. So as you see, I didn't tag a deer before that day. We have quite a few doe around here, everything is posted and I've been the only one taking one the last couple of years. It was a given that we had to take two or three deer this, we had to plant soybeans twice becausze of the deer and the farmers corn didn't come up too good and between the squirrels, deer and turkey,it wasn't reaaly worth the time and gas the farmer used to harvest it. I never shot a turkey, so I'm not about to sit in my treestand and shoot one as it walks by within a couple feet. My grandson is taking care of the squirrels, but they were out this morning, but not this evening when he was here.

My grandson wasn't with me the last Saturday, he wasn't allowed to go hunting because he got in trouble at school for not doing his homework. Ifelt bad when I heard that, but his father was raised the same way and mygrandson has to learn responsibility.

When my boys were in school and recieve a lower mark in a test, they would say, "but Dad it's passing". I would counter with, "I get tested every day at work, I can't keep my job by doing 80 or 90% of my work correctly, you must always strive to do 100%, may as well get used to it now".