HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Good and Bad genetics
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 12:55 PM
TreednNC
Typical Buck

Default RE: Good and Bad genetics

ORIGINAL: teedub31

ORIGINAL: CodyGuess

On our farm which is about 600 acres we are doing the same exact thing that doubles 150 is doing an like he has said we have seen a dramatic change we really have.. it has worked for us. now im not saying it will work for other people but it has truely worked for us on our farm. Now we are shooting bigger bucks bc i belive wat we have done.. it cannnot hurt it can only help.. thats wat i belive tho im jus saying because our success rate
Hey I'm a glad that you are getting 150 class deer. But lets be real here. Your 600 acre farm is only one square mile. You are completely dillusional if you think you can influnece deer growth and behavioral patterns within a square mile. Heck, I don't think foodplots and such will have much effect ongrowing bigger deer in your square mile. You don't have enough ground to inflence anything. Now if you have 5000+ acres to hunt I might buy into it some. A deer herdsrange is way too big for your GodLike culling powers to have any noticable effect. YOur success are attributed to something else (and most likely out of your control).
And on 5000ac Id venture it would take harvesting atleast15-20 'inferior' bucks a year to make a true dent in genetics....coupled with those 20 being old enough to show their true potential......how many hunters would it take to harvest 15-20 bucks....let alone 15-20 old enough to show their potential.......PLUS the ones that have shown their potential that you dont pass up because theyre great bucks.......that's a lot of culling and killing