HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Left hand shooting right hand with dominant left eye dilemma!
Old 07-08-2003, 05:16 PM
c903

Default Left hand shooting right hand with dominant left eye dilemma!

I am teaching a 9-year old girl and a 12-year old boy to shoot.

The girl is primary left-handed, but is ambidextrous and uses her right hand when strength is needed. She is definitely " left eye" dominant. I tried her on a left-hand bow and a right-hand bow. She pulls the right-hand bow without difficulty, but cannot do so with her left-hand.

I am in a quandary as to whether I should go with her right hand (arm) since it seems stronger, but then I have the dominant " left-eye" problem to deal with. I am sure I can get her left arm strengthened and coordinated, but she is resisting, only because she is presently comfortable with pulling with her right arm.

As her instructor, I know that regardless how much longer it takes, or how frustrating it may be for her, I should teach her in a way that the package is complete. Anyone dealt with this before, personally or with someone else?

How about hearing from some of you right-hand shooters having a left dominant eye. How problematic is your ability to sight a bow properly?