HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mistaken for game....
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2003, 06:42 AM
huntnma
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mistaken for game....

I put these hen-shooters right in the same class as those you see out on the duck flats, shooting at birds 25 to 30 yards past their killing range - and then not even getting out of their blinds to go after a bird they cripple that glides away.
i know what you mean here too...went out hunting with a buddy , he is, well was a very big man, he didnt want to get wet, i think it was it because of his weight though, that is just the excuse he used......he took a shot and the duck fell, swam around in circles, well, he wasnt going to get it, i through my hubby' s neopreme' s on and i was headed out to save th duck from it' s misery........wouldnt you know it, the duck stopped circling and swam away, i was running through the water , i took a shot,i fell backwards, i was still too far away, so i ran more, stopped and shot again, fell backwards in the water again...i got him that time, but i rang his neck just to make sure.....i must of ran 200 plus yards in the river, each time i would step , my feet would be sucked into the muck , talk about a workout.......he would of never gone after him, i was quite disapointed.......he vowed to never do it again , and to this day he hasn' t, i reamed him a new butt........