HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - coyote hunting...please help!!
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 05:58 PM
coyote#68
Typical Buck

Default RE: coyote hunting...please help!!

I would agree with getting some shooting sticks,I have a set that I made out of a cane pole they are great and very lightweight.I have a couple of bipods that I rarely use due to the weight issue at the front of the gun and the shooting sticks fold together and double as a walking stick if I need.Just make sure you are on a solid rest,but at 100 yards or less with a little practice you can pull of head shots from a sitting position without any sticks from the elbows on the knees rest.All the 17's that I have shot were crazy accurate so the gun is perfectly capable of poking a critters eye out at 100 yards so just go out and hunt.As for an E-caller if someone says you have to have one to call coyotes,then they haven't hunted them much,I have had coyotes come to turkey calls in the spring,a coyote will snatch the chance for a easy meal if your setup is good and he dont smell you.You dont have to be a professional caller to call a coyote,just make a lot of sets in areas near a coyote's living or hunting area's and sooner or later one will hear your call's and everything will seem right to him and he will be ten feet from you before you know it.Dont get discouraged,coyotes dont come in everytime they hear a call no matter what the sound,and a rabbit in distress sound of some sort has killed more coyotes than all others combined,even when there aren't very many rabbits around.Good Luck and Good Calling!!