Thread: baiting
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 11:45 AM
crokit
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: baiting

[quote]ORIGINAL: cooter144

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Also Tim....what you'll find is....the people who are most against baiting live in states where it's illegal....and they have NO first-hand knowledge of the practice. I'd say they were ignorant....but that sounds a bit inflammatory. Ill-informed, yeah.

Everybody wants to think what they want to.....because I suppose it makes them feel superior in some way....if they can tear the other guy's means/methods down.

I posted a study that was performed a couple years ago in SC. It proved that baiting actually led to LESS harvest % success, there. People can turn a blind eye to that all they want to.....but doing so on emotion and not fact is only perpetuating the ignorance. That's called denial.
I hunt in ND where baiting is legal...I have never baited and I never will

As far as experience...I know hunters around there that have much more success when they baitvs when they don't. I know a guy that dumps truck loads of sugar beats into river bottoms andhas shotP&Y bucks 3 out of the last 4 years on these piles. He has never been able to shoot a P&Y when NOT using bait.

Honestly you have to be somewhat ignorant to say there is no difference between a 160 acre field of cornvs a pile of food.
[/quote ]

AMEN