HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting the same spots.....
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 10:56 AM
TEmbry

Default RE: Hunting the same spots.....

I just see being patterned as a bigger picture than just an entry route. Deer have the same chance of smelling you on each individual setup, regardless if it is your same entry or a new one each time...same amount of scent dispersal.

Here is my point, lets say hunter A has 5-8 determined stand sites with their own entry routes, hunter b (jeff) has 70+ stand sites for the season. Theoretically they both get their entry route busted the same amount of times, since both have same scent levels and both entries arent careless and are well thought out. Hunter A and B both have a entry trail winded 7 times that season. The question is, does a deer only avoid that specific trail you take? or the small woodlot in general? I see getting winded at 7 different entry routes in the same small block of woods, as being WORSE than being winded on the same one. In my mind, this could drive them to vacate the woodlot all together (just as the concentrated setup could). You view individual encounters in the same small area as separate vs using the same trail...I view them as the same. You get winded in a 20-40 acre chunk of woods twice...it will have the same consequences whether it was on same trail, or one was 50 yards down the line from the first.