HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Antler envy and hunter hate.
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 09:20 AM
buckeye
Giant Nontypical

Default Antler envy and hunter hate.

Why does the success of another hunter so many times turn into a behind the back flogging? When local guys are successful, they are night hunters, poachers, cheats....

It is never that they work hard and make the right moves to be successful in the eyes of others.My favorite accusation of peopletoward a successful hunter is the"cherry picker" anology.... They only shoot big bucks because their property holds them.

Many people here share their knowledge with any one willing to talk about our passion.Very little hate is shown toward most members, other thanthe occasionalpersonality conflictsand egos. Onehunter in particular on this sitehas had many successes in the deer woods and shares his thoughts and opinions just like everyone else.But, manylove to hate him because he has been successful killing big bucks. WHY?

Why does it have to be this way? Why can't we all be happy for our fellowlaw abidingbowhunting brothers and not trash them at every opportunity?

Even if someone has it "better" than you whether from land access or trophy potential, why does it have to turn into a pissing match? If I livedin your area of the country.... If I had access to your woods....

If you are not happy with the hand you were dealt, do something about it, or just deal with it. Be happy with what you got, rather than bashsomeone else who you feel has it better. Finally show some respect toward your brothers. We are all in this together.