HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - baiting
Thread: baiting
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 05:17 PM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

Default RE: baiting

I'll try to find the thread where I cited the study. I posted on it a few months ago.

Study was conducted in SC.....and the criteria (I believe) was hunter success on baited tracts v. non-baited tracts.

Study showed a hunter was more likely to be successful (harvesting deer) when they did NOT employ baiting.

Around here, John.....you have people worried about the guy next door and what he's doing. They feel like he's baiting....so they have to "out-bait" him. Then his neighbor has to out-bait HIM.

Just think about it....With the exception Brknarrow (Frank).....I'm the ONLY.....SINGULAR.....UNO.....other person I know in this STATE who doesn't bait deer. I'm not that good......but wouldn't my results lend you to think maybe baiting ISN'T the way to go????

Confession:

I've baited areas before. I did it this year. I've baited areas for my son to hunt....and for friends to hunt.....but the truth of the matter is......NONE of them have ever killed a deer over bait, either! I bought into the hype, too, it seems.....because it's never worked out in a positive manner for me, here.