HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The Rut: Believe it, or Not?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 07:52 PM
RockinChair
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Rut: Believe it, or Not?

ORIGINAL: 1shotkill1993

I honestly don't believe that the moon has anything to do with my hunting. Like Rory, I've had good days when they say that I wont see deer.
Obviously when an 'expert' forecasts a good day it does not mean that every hunter in the woods is going to tag a monster buck, and when they predict a lull that doesnt mean all big bucks hole up.

The three phases of the rut, seek, chase, and breed, all over lap one another and that is where the biggest hurdle comes into play for 'non-believers'. When you look at Alsheimer and Laroche's study, however, it is hard to argue with scientific data.

Obviously, I am a believer. In fact the past two years, since I really began studying Alsheimer's research and applying it to my hunting, I have since changed my rut strategies and my success has increased two-fold.

Why? Because I knew what phasethe bucks were predominatly in (after paying attention to the moon), I knew how they would be moving and where and I knew what day their testosterone would peak and they simply would not be able resist the smell of not just an estrous doe, but any doe.

I will say this, however, that this year, with the moon falling later than usual[&:]