HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Does group tuning after paper negate bullet hole?
Old 07-03-2003, 06:13 AM
benhuntin

Default RE: Does group tuning after paper negate bullet hole?

When all along it was hand torque
I agree totally. I think that is one of the biggest problems that plague most archers. It took me awhile to figure that one out myself. I could go out one day and shoot perfect bullseyes and the next day I would be three inches to the right. Even the slightest change in bow hand pressure/placement can have a big impact from one shot to the next. A slightly out of tune bow can shoot just as well as a perfectly tuned bow most of the time. A tuned bow is just a little more forgiving of shooting errors.
Anyway, to answer the original question. If you are shooting bullet holes in the paper you shouldnt have to adjust very much or at all to group tune.
I usually only get one shot while hunting so if I can climb into my stand in my backyard on any given day and put the first arrow in the bullseye with my broadhead. Thats tuned enough for me. I havent paper tuned or group tuned in a few years. I guess if I shot 3d I might need to.[:-]