HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Springfield XD or Ruger SR9???
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 03:58 AM
Retaks

Default RE: Springfield XD or Ruger SR9???

ORIGINAL: hometheaterman

I really like the SR9's. Of the ones I've held it is my favorite. I also liked that it had a actual safety as well as the trigger safety. Moreso just the actual safety. I don't want a gun without much less a handgun without a safety. I'm not so sure why soo many new ones don't have them. Even with the trigger safety's if something hit the trigger just right it could still go off. Not likely but possible enough to worry me.

Anyone else know about the +P rounds not to be used in polymer framed pistols? If so why shouldn't you use them?
trust me the XD's with no safety are perfectly safe and i belive they are making them with and external saftey noe anyways. Ive tryed and tryed to get mine to misfire on me because of the no safety and couldnt do it. I do have a good Blackhawk holster that completely covers the trigger whyle its in it.

As for the +P ammo, They said it is because the Polymer is not built to hold up to the power of the recoil the +P ammo makes. I belive they ment more for 45 then a 9mm.