HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do you Butcher your own Meat
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 03:22 PM
sandilands
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Butchering Meat ___Redo

I've been doing my own for yrs. A few yrs ago I started cutting for other guys too. I now have about 20 customers during the hunting season and I haven't even advertised. Next yr I am.
I make sure that everyone gets there deer...... I do them one at a time. Guys love it. Anoither reason guys like it is b/c I skin for them. They simply shoot, dress and drop off deer. I might even start to offer dressing for guys that bring them in........ at least this way they can see how it should be done. I've also told my customers if they want to mount a deer and don't know how to dress/skin without hurting their mount to bring it in as is. Then they know the job will be right.
Here's my price list. $45 boning out and wrapping. I single wrap w/plastic wrap and then wrap in butchers paper.
$10 skinning fee.
$5 for frozen deer.
If someone wants to come over and watch me do there deer then come on in. Bring a 6 pack.
I have some serious plans for next yr. I'm going to advertise at cabelas and other box stores, all the archery shops and I'm even going to see if Walmart and CDN Tire will let me advertise there.

Oh ya and Euro mounts are $60 a pc. No backing