HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - .358 Fans get yours now
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2003, 11:17 PM
neweboarhunter

Default RE: .358 Fans get yours now

Whelen36,

The scope I have is a Leupold vari-x III 2.5-8x36mm. I might choose a more compact scope for the Browning BLR Lightweight though. I also have some Quake scope lens covers.

If you have not seen the Conetrol projectionless scope rings, you are missing out on the nicest looking rings to be had, and they are tough too.

The Alaskan rounds I am talking about were in Guns and Ammo a few year back, maybe 2-4. They were chambered in spruced up Marlin lever guns by a fellow up in Alaska, I think Anchorage, the name of the company is Wild West Guns. Now that I think of it the .50 was named the alaskan and the .45 was named I believe wild west. I wish I could find the issue it was in.

I just checked their site www.wildwestguns.com and the price I think has come down[], now that is something new for the gun industry. You lever gun fans may not want to go to this sight or you could hear your wallet groan.

Anyway thanks for straightening me out on what Judson meant. I have never heard of the .358STW. That should be a good round too. But I think I will take the Norma instead.