View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 05:44 PM
TFOX
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: DNR

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Personally, I just don't understand the logic, and I think Trevor makes a very valid point, "why Sunday, why not Tuesday or some other day?"
I dont know why Sunday is the day that was picked. Remember, this is the way its always been in NJ and many other States. Perhaps it is a Religious thing, if so, I can understand and agree with that.

Perhaps its to give hikers, trail riders, bird watchers, flower pickers, dirt kissers, tree huggers, spider catchers, snake enthusiasts, bark biters, tree climbers, joggers, wildlife wannalookers, stream drinkers, fish finders, squirrel lovers, those with a rabbit habit, children that like poison ivy, poison oak jokers, thorn revengers, leaf lickers, pine smellers, twig picker uppers, tenacious turkey followers, bank fishermen or anyone else that wants to enjoy the woods without fear of hunting related accidents a chance to enjoy the public outdoors.

Not sure..but whatever the reason, that is the day that was deemed no hunting.
It's one of the old Blue Laws. Do some research on how NY got rid of banned Sunday hunting and do the same thing in your state. It's politics, not management.
Separation of church and state....right?

Actually NO,it isn't,there is no such thing.It is actually

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.