HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - .358 Fans get yours now
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2003, 05:22 PM
whelen36
Typical Buck

Default RE: .358 Fans get yours now

neweboarhunter ,
i' ll keep you updated on how she shoots , i just have to wait until the shells arrive at the shop , my dealer said that they should arrive there this weekend but , being that it' s the 4th of july holliday weekend , i' m not holding my breath for it . i' m thinking more like next weekend , following this holliday weekend

i haven' t even started setting up for handloading her bud , i have some ideas about working up some loads useing the powders in those new short magnums but i have to watch the pressures , and i' ve got alot to learn and find out about it yet ( about the new short magnum powders )

as for how she takes game , i' ll have to wait till hunting season for that [&:][&:] and hopefully i' ll get something with her

i know what you mean negotiating the final price , that' s how i got the .350 for so much less than suggested retail

BTW- beings that judson was talking about .358 caliber , i' m taking it for granted that he' s talking about the .358 sta ( shooting times alaskan ) , that was designed by the guys at shooting times magazine , as they also designed the 7mm stw ( shooting times western ) , but only he knows for sure

now a question to you my friend ,
which alaskan are you talking about in reference to the .50 or .45 , at this time i' m not familiar with those , please tell me about them , i' m very interested in finding out more

edited for this :
BTW- have you considered a muzzlebrake for the norma mag , a light weight rifle is a great thing to have when hiking through the woods , up hills , etc... , and a muzzle brake would help dampen the recoil so it should be managable

and what type of scope bud , let' s have some details on that too , make , magnification , objective size , etc....