HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What's the difference!!??
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 03:08 PM
TEmbry

Default RE: What's the difference!!??

Granted I was proficient to 20, my buck would have been a slam dunk shot with a trad bow. I drew and shot almost simultaneously, and he couldn't have been more than 12 yards from a 14ft stand...still need to step it off and get the arrow I forgot and left down there[:@].

I agree that for the actual hunt part, not much is different IMO. I think its just all the extra work getting to that proficient stage, and maintaining your skill level. Like you said, its a work of art.

My friend picked up a recurve to try the more challenging aspect of it, and already has killed a few turkey stalking and a 120" Nontypical buck from 8 yards. He said if you practiced with a recurve like most of us already do with a compound (whether we need to or not), there isn't much difference.

I can't say, as Ive never tried it. I will be trying it sometime in the future though...something about it just seems too cool to not try atleast once.

GMMAT, you stumped me...how come trad hunters can't hunt as high as compound hunters? Not looking for debate, just honestly don't know.