HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - One thing you learned.
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 03:17 PM
goose142004
Spike

Default RE: One thing you learned.

well here ya go. i have been a die hard duck hunter for several years now but have only been two times a season for the passed 2 years. what i have learned is i dont remember it being so dang much work carrying the decoys walking through that muddy swamp.lol just kidding. i need to get my butt back in shape!!! lol besides that i also have learned its difficult to hunt with some people that dont realize how important some things can be to make a hunt successful. i went with a couple of buddies in their silver bass boat and the owner hid it in the cat tails about a hundred yards away. after first light ducks didnt want anything to do with us. kinda upset me a lil that we went through the normal routine and he was too lazy and at that wouldnt allow be to taxi the boat a little farther away before first light. just think about looking accrossed a 200 yard field and imagine how easy it would be to see all the stuff that a duck would from that distance. he is a good friend of mine so i just let it go but it could have been a great morning.