HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Turkey Question
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 06:08 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Default RE: Turkey Question

If you can get a Hen to talk to you - Yelp - Cluck - anything mimic her (that hen) note for note! Repeat what she says to you only do it just a slightly bit louder. Hens are just like my wife - repeat what she says note for note - yelp for yelp with a sense of a bit more urgency and about the thrid time get your gun up as here she comes (the hen) and so does Mr Tom!

I had witnessed several memorable hunts where I had a hen walk past me to ge to that Tom Ihad gobblin'. One hunt the hen Yelped just once so I yelped back. she did it again and I mimiced her pitch and tone - that lasted aobut three times and when she started fast clucking and yleping I did the same. When she shut up I shut up - when she Yelped I jumped back on her immediately. I never let her get the upper hand as I was cutting off what she was saying. when she came in she was just screamin' her fool head off and came to 4 to 5 ft in front of me and stopped and became quiet. Mr. Tom was in slightly behind but I had to wait for him to hit an opening inthe woods for a good shot. He got to the opening while in strutt. I knew that when I moved the gun the hen would Putt - which would bring him out of strutt and head would stick his neck straight up! So ya gotta be ready - gun moved about an ichh - she putted - he looked up to see the problem - I blasted him!

Now do that with your wife and never let her finish what she is saying! I would be runnin' for the hills as she has the fryin' pan in hand!

JW