HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - OK...I found him, now what
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Hoyt_Viper
Typical Buck

Default RE: OK...I found him, now what

These are all his. In about a 20 yard area.
I would say he is the dominant one, or at least the only buck in that area. I have seen him, and the 12 points on his head says to me that he is by far the biggest deer in these parts. His domain speaks for itself. And you asked how i found him? There are maybe a half dozen others I didnt get pictures of, but he has definately made it clear who owns this part of the woods!

I have moved my climber within 20 yards of this area, the grass is all matted down from him laying, and the trees are shredded all around "his" area. I know if I get him he will be the trophy of a lifetime for me. Maybe the biggest deer taken out of these woods. The hounds have kept him in this sanctuary, its a small area that the dogs cannot get to, and if the did they would need to be stitched up from the briars and thick brush surrounding this area. I happened to make friends with the farm owner and he lets me come in from the pasture side to avoid the thickest stuff.

Im showering with my dead down wind now and planning on staying there till dark. Last night he just disnt want to leave the area, maybe figured something was up. Im bringing two 4 point racks to rattle a bit to see if he wants a fight.