HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - OK...I found him, now what
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Hoyt_Viper
Typical Buck

Default OK...I found him, now what

I located the hoss I have been after all season. Truley thedominant buck in the area. He is smart, and has done everything to avoid going down so far this year. Im wondering...Im going in on my climber about 30 yrds from hiscore area where I have seen him bedding and mid day lounging. I have tried everything so far, grunting, bleating, tinks wicks, and all I have gotten him to do is circle me and tryto wind me...without a shot opportunity...I have cut the antlers off a buck I shot earlier this year and going to try and rattle him in.

How affective is rattling at this stage of the rut. Its the only thing I havent done, and since he seems to be the dominant one in the area, he may come to a fight. Any suggestions. By the way, I saw him today, a true 12 pointer wityh a droptine on left beam. Easily 240 plus on the hoof. Biggest deer I have ever seen in these woods. If the hounds get loose tomorrow it will be later in the AM, so I figure I will be there at first light egging him into a fight, and hopefully he will take me on.

Am I wasting my time rattling at this stage of the rut?