HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting land....When it rains...it pours...!
Old 11-28-2008, 11:10 AM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hunting land....When it rains...it pours...!

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, Rob.....but I knew if I was gonna continue doing this (bowhunting) I needed to be able to do it "differently". I like taking it to them a lot more than I liked how I was doing it.

"Second guessing", though??? You darned right I have....and a LOT.

BTW....the two bucks I saw yesterday were in the little woodlot we hunted (you know the one). I'd never seen either of them. One was bigger than anything I've shot.....and the other was a 90" deer (I think....I guesstimate). If that doe drags them on the line she'd started on......who knows?[&:]

I still have to think about it .....every time I'm NOT in there. But I can now save that spot for the rut and feel good about it. My doe sightings this year have been WAY down.....and I have to attribute that to my presence and amount of deer I've taken from that area.

I can also turkey hunt these new lands with no issues. THAT is exciting. If you make it here in the spring.....we'll have access to some areas along the creek that I KNOW they use for traveling. We may have to deal with the poachers.....but I'll take it. WE will have permission. They won't.