HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer hunting over rated?
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 10:15 AM
deermeat01
Spike

Default RE: Deer hunting over rated?

I wait all year for the season to start, cant wait to start planing and getting things ready for the next year. i think as hunters we all try to get every thing juusst right, the wind , the type of cover scent, wash the clothes in no stink soap, every thing else we do to put pressure on our selves. this year i said if i kill some deer ok but im not going to go throug all the extreams i did last year. opening day of muzzle loader Ikilled a doe on from a tree at 0835,i climed in to at 0730. 2 days later i killed another sitting in a folding camping chair on the shady side of an oak tree because i didnt feel like using the climber. 3 days later i came home frome work late threw my cloths on grabed my 7 yo boyto go for the first time with me 40 minuts later at the edge of a field i shot a 6point 140# buck.then i made the mistake of 7 daysoff not including 2 saterdays to hunt and tried to get it all right. nothing happened!! and i was doing it all right as i know it.worked for a couple days thenwant outlast saterday put my climer in a tree 11 feet of the ground. i was still setting up the upperplatform when a very lage doe came walking down the hill. i shot her at 0633. i cleaned her and placed her under a pine tree(it was 20 deg that morn.) got back up in the climber alittle stinkyer than the first time. at 0955 i shot a 150# 5 pnt buck. mosthunters would say "you shouldnt have been able to do it.. the wind was all wrong... you were smelly. i just tell them I stopped sweating it all, I just get out there and hunt!