HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Tip 1 Over! Thread (29)
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 11:00 PM
RattleSnake1
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Tip 1 Over! Thread (29)

Nice job Rick! If we could get a couple more; we might actually be in the running, but I think those pukes on 13 have a commanding lead. Rifle season opened here in WI on 11/22, and from then until Jan. 4th it's on again and off again, so I don't know if I'll get out with the bow any more. It breaks down to a 9 day rifle hunt, then a 7 day muzzleloader hunt, then a 4 day antlerless only hunt, and finall from Dec. 24th to Jan 4th it's full blown rifles again! If you do the math; there isn't a lot of time in there for the deer to settle down enough to even think of hunting with a bow again.
I did manage to catch a couple nice bucks during the opening weekend with the rifle though. A very nice 10 pt on Saturday's opener, and then a 12 with a DROP on Sunday morning. Neither are giants, but very nice bucks to me. I would still like to get out with the bow, but if I shot another one now, the woman would probably skin ME after having 2 going to the taxi already....lol