HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - deer fever?!?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Wall_Hanger

Default RE: deer fever?!?

Some very good points made in Jimmy's post. The fact that you get to see nature awaken in the morning and listen to all the sounds you don't hear in the city or even in the country when you're too busy to notice is what keeps me entertained. It is a beautiful thing that a lot of hunters overlook I believe. There is nothing wrong with hunting just to put meat in the freezer or to shoot a trophy buck, but I think a lot of hunters would find more enjoyment out of hunting if they allowed themselves to get caught up in what is really taking place out there in the woods.

Also, preparing yourself for different situations is a great idea. I have a baseball background that actually helps me out with this. They teach you at a young age to think about what you're gonna do if a ball is hit in the air, on the ground, to your left, softly, etc... If you can do this while sitting in your stand you will be ready when a deer makes itself visible to you. Just knowing how you will turn your body to get yourself into a good shooting position is key. And of course, learn how to sit dead still when a deer is looking around and wait til they turn or put their head down to eat before you make your movements.

Best of luck!