HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what is a good over under shotgun for a decent price?
Old 11-23-2008, 09:26 AM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: what is a good over under shotgun for a decent price?

ORIGINAL: npaden

Trevor, don't get pressured into spending money on a name.

I would bet sproulman has never owned or even shot a mossberg reserve over/under shotgun but since he spent $$$ on his he has to justify it and say that the mossberg is crap. I've never owned or shot a mossberg so I can't comment on their quaility.

I can afford a nice shotgun, but I chose the Yildiz because it had excellent reviews from people who actually owned and shot it. It comes with 5 interchangeable chokes and is very nice and balanced. It is very lightweight also. It doesn't sit in my closet, it actually gets used quite a bit and I don't feel like I need to wear kid gloves in order to touch it.

If you are serious about your purchase, check out www.shotgunworld.com for some input by folks who really know what they are talking about.They even have a forum specifically for Yiliz owners - http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=104

That's my 2 cents. Take it for what it's worth.

{EDIT} - I just read some of the threads on shotgun world on the Mossberg O/U and it sounds like sproulman is right! LOL

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=161167

There are some alternatives though, just research them before buying anything. If you already bought the mossberg it sounds like you should double check the return policy and make sure you keep your receipt.

you will have your gun for all your life.

i am not trying to pressure him,only trying to help him NOT MAKE MISTAKE OF HIS LIFE.

to not spend extra 300 or 400 more for top gun, in my opinion is mistake.

dont say kids dont have money, they will spend it on fancy cars,what do they have after 5 years.

big weddings,new homes..

i know, I DID IT.

my only MISTAKE was i bought cheaper guns, yes, they will kill just as good as better ones BUT, THE BETTER ONES HOLD THEIR VALUE, THEY FEEL MUCH BETTER IN YOUR HANDS AS YOU GET older , LIKE ME.

WAIT UNTIL YOU GET 60 AND TRY TO LIFT THAT MOSSBERG.

it will wear you out.

lift a BERETTA at 60 or 70, it will feel LIGHT in your hands..

anyhow, this will be my last post on this.

do what you want but you are making a mistake that you will notice as you get OLDER.