HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Texas bowhunters beware!
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 01:26 PM
jklink
Fork Horn

Default RE: Texas bowhunters beware!

If or when the law changes and goes in, It will have an affect on the hunting clubs like you mentioned. I personally will still bowhunt my bowhunting places on private land as well as enjoying taking my son out to rifle hunt as well. It would be on seperate land. But then again I bowhunt where there are very little bowhunters. I even went to the local wal-mart earlier this bowseason and noticed they had no archery gear. I asked the man behind the counter and he said "naw, we don't really have much need for it here". One thing that you can do is get in on a public hunting land that is strictly bowhunting only. Me and my brother do this quite a bit. Its fairly crowded at first (with a bunch of idiots that can't hunt and very few that accually harvest a deer), but by the time rifle season opens, we are nearly the only one's there and the gunshots going off elsewhere brings in a whole new crop of deer. as far as your comment about taking a kid along just to fill the tag early, well, if someone's going to do that, they will also shoot one illegally before season opens as well as buying a liscense for thier mom, sister, wife, etc. and filling thier tags too.