HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - recommendations on any scopes?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 07:30 AM
johnnybravoo77
Typical Buck

Default RE: recommendations on any scopes?

ORIGINAL: John33871

well im not going to beout every weekend i can only have so much time off from work and i will not beout to often so i thought i would just get a decent, cheap scope. if iwas out in the field all day every day i think i would save and get a really nice scope, but for now a decent, cheap scope will work for me just fine, i just would like to know about some of the brands on the market. i have been looking myself but i would like some opinons
John, I understand the limited time in the woods. This is all the MORE reason to purchase a quality scope. I dont have a ton of time either, thats why when I go shoot at the range or in the woods I am confident that my scope is still shooting where its supposed to. What happens when your $75 scope gos to $hit? With a limited time in the woods, what happens when you miss an animal because your scope wont hold its poi? You would out even more time trying to fix your cheap scope, and there goes your time in the woods.A decent quality scope will last as long as the rifle if taken care of, and you wont have to worry about it failing. $175 to $300 will get you a good scope that will last a lifetime. jmho