HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The moon phase business re-visited.
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 06:26 AM
wicked arrow

Default RE: The moon phase business re-visited.

i believe the fullmoon phase stuff makes your hunting go sour turns deer nocturnal,you can believe all that magazinegarbage if you want,,,,,,,it still boils down to the day light hours sun position and temps will play a big role into the whole rut thing as well,i could care less if there in lock down or not,,,,,you still have to be in the woods if you want a shooter,you cant expect to shoot a nice buck if your only going to go hunting when a magazine tells you to ,then the laugh would be on you,,,,,,,you want to be in the woods waiting that big boy out,since you scouted him out since july you know his every move right down to where he poops, it the only way your going to get him,,,,,,,,full moon will make that guy nocturnal so fast it would make your head spin,,,up here in wisconsin they were chasing for three weeks now,,,,,,,shot this big guy on the 9th i knew his every move every trail,morning spots ,i even knew which bucks he chased off.when i shot him he was in the search mode head down and cruising shot him on the run,i use to shoot pheasants on the fly with a bow i knew i could take him out.