HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pleeeaaase Help Me...
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 10:25 PM
jdowney85

Default Pleeeaaase Help Me...

okay,so i bought a brand new hoyt powerhawk 2 1/2 weeks ago because i just couldnt justify spending the extra 300-350 on a mathews drenalin ld or a hoyt alphamax.now i am seriously regretting my purchase.i may have found a buyer already and i am going to start all over and begin looking for a new bow.below is a list of bows that have peaked my interest.some of these i have already shot and others i need to shoot yet.i just want to get some feedback on any of these bows....please give me all positive and negative feedback you have.I am relativley new to this sport.I will be spending alot of time at the ranges,3d shoots and hunting so i think i need a good all around bow.

my main problem with the hoyt was hand shock.after shooting a few rounds down the range my left arm would be killing me.

here is my list of possibles:

1) Mission Buckmaster
2) Mathews Drenalin LD
3) 2009 Mathews Reezen 6.5
4) Diamond Iceman
5) Bear Truth 2
6) Bowtech Captain,or 82nd Airborne

Im a big guy standing around 6'3" and weighing in at 350lbs.Depending on the bow i shoot between a 29.5 and 30.5 draw length and i only shoot around 60lbs right now.Price really isnt a big issue...just looking for a great bow for me.

I have also been told that the longer ata length the more forgiving the bow is.and ive heard that the faster the bow shoots there tends to become a little less hand shock....so is this true?

-JayDee