HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - YOU GUYS ONLY KNOW HOW I FEEL...
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 08:12 AM
markjenna
Fork Horn

Default YOU GUYS ONLY KNOW HOW I FEEL...

Just had to post this here, because you guys and girls are the only ones that know how I feel.. I went out yesterday on opening firearms season in Indiana, and at 8 am a MONSTERcomes out, 160-170 at least, with two does. He was at about 120 yards and I got the rush. I should of let him come closer but took the shot. We found some traces of blood and tracked for 5 hours with just specs of blood for like 3 miles in a circle.I must of hit him low..Would of left the woods but rain was on the way and with so little blood had to keep going,knowing it would be impossible to find any trace of it the next day... I think we were pushing him, hoping to get another shot. With the buck of my life time gone it was the worst day of my life next to the day I had to put my first hunting buddy JACK down, yellow lab. Ya, I wish things could of been different but they aren't.. Giving the woods a day to calm down after I tracked all over it and will get back tomorrow, all day. Just hope I nicked him and didn't let a big deer like that go to waste. That is what is really bothering me that If I hurt that deer, and didn't get the chance to HONOR HIM.. Sorry for the venting but you people are truely the only ones who know what I am going through... I hope that chance of a life time comes back.....Peace out....Mark...