HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Your chance to vote on my ineptness
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 07:29 AM
NY Bowhunter
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Your chance to vote on my ineptness

I can relate. It's a battle within yourself. I've let more 1.5 and 2.5 year old bucks walk this year than the last 5 years combined. There is some solace in the fact that you've already "hunted" those particular animals.... they just don't know it .

I don't know how many hours (a lot) or sits (a lot) because I don't really keep track. All I know is I've been out every morning and afternoon (sometimes all day sits) since opening day. I've been out in 40mph winds, rain, snow, cold, hot, etc... and haven't scored on a buck that meets the standards I set.

I'll be honest I've had my pity party moments [8D]and wonder why not sometimes. It's certainly not from lack of effort or dedication. But in the end I realize I've taken my hunting to a different stage in my life. Ultimately I'm ok with not taking a buck that I'm after if that's how its' going to play out. I've become better at what I do everyday I leave the woods.

What really will chap your butt though is all the hours and days on stand holding out for what you're looking for to come crashing down on you in an instant. I've blown 2 chances (because I'm an idiot) on the same buck I've been hunting and wanted to take. That's like pouring salt in the wound[8D] Man you gotta love this stuff.