HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Your chance to vote on my ineptness
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 06:50 AM
early in
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Your chance to vote on my ineptness

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

It was eerily "light"....even as I walked out in the dusk too dark to have shooting light, still. Surreal.

I remember in years past looking forward with MUCH anticipation to each and every opportunity to go afield. I haven't done that, this year. It's almost been a "job". I may never get to hunt as much as I have this year in one season. AND....I don't think that's a "bad" thing.
Jeff, I saw what you described as far as that strange looking color in the sky on my way out yesterday as well. It was like a purplish grey that I don't think I can ever recall seeing before. Surreal is a good description of it. I thought for a moment it was a prelude to a tornado.
The way you describe your season so far is crazily similar to mine. I also have NEVER hunted as much in my entire life. My work situation, or lack there of,had everything to do with this. I've never hunted this many all day sits before either. And yes, at times it did feel like a "job". I think this was because of me almost never seeing deer, and a lot of mornings I'd be walking in all but knowing that I wasn't going to see anything. I have a strong drive to succeed when it comes to deer hunting because it's theone thing in life I truely love to do, aside of catching wild/native trout.
You know what though? It's not over until the fat lady sings!I will now give Alberta my undivided attention for a week (6 days) to kill a nice buck. Then when I return, I'll give it my best again duringPa's regular buck season. With my bow of course.Good luck to you. You sure do give it hell Jeff!