HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lets have a nice camo discussion!
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 09:36 PM
racewayking
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lets have a nice camo discussion!

I try to match my camo to the tree I am hunting in. Most stands I'll use Ultimate Camo, the stuff really seems to blend well with Oaks and several other trees. I also have Realtree Hardwoods, Mossy Oak, Advantage Timber and a few other patterns. Today I had a doe downwind and she kept looking up at me, I was wearing Hardwoods and I know I looked out of place but never moved. She walked 60 yards and kept raising her head to check me out. I had a similar thing happed a few times wearing U.C. and the deer looked up once or twice and carried on so I think some patterns will blend in well while others just break up a solid pattern.

As far as scent goes I quit buying Scentlok and wash my clothes after every hunt. I have plenty of camo so showering and watching my scent along with regular laundry is the trick. I'd rather buy two to three jacket and pant sets without scentlok for the price I'd pay for one scentlok suit. I also use Dead Down Wind mouth spray since our breath is usually much worse than our body scent.