Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lets have a nice camo discussion! >

Lets have a nice camo discussion!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lets have a nice camo discussion!

Old 11-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lets have a nice camo discussion!

ORIGINAL: Texgrebby87

I am using Mossy oak break up right now, but, I am a huge huge fan of USMC digital Woodland camo, The pixilization really break you up on a tree or stalking in alphalpha.

MARPAT

The stuff is amazing. If only they'd make some decent garments in those digital patterns. Its the wave of the future.

I was given a scent lok suit in MOBU. In my opinoin... it is WAY WAY too dark for tree stand hunting. I haven't been winded on stand all season (which is saying something). Not while wearing it anyway. But I've been seen three times.... once even standing stock still. Turkeys pick me out clean... facemask and all.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lets have a nice camo discussion!

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

Nissan, As far as saying scent control is BS, would you call yourself a serious hunter? More simply, do you read biological research articles and books where studied have been conducted as to the strength of a deer's nose?
The only type of scent control I use is natural fall leaf rubbed on my gear. And yes I do call myself a serious hunter. Have never got a season without getting a buck. Not one season.

That means absolutely zero in my opinion.

Scent control is important... whether you think it is or not. It it was not.. why would you bother with the leaves?

Do you pay any attention to wind direction at all? Or do you break wind before shooting a buck 20 steps downwing of you?