HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 1shotkill's hunting diary (pics added)
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 06:23 PM
gtownbuckbuster
Fork Horn

Default RE: MY LITTLE DIARY

ORIGINAL: 1shotkill1993

Hey guys, I've been really bored when I'm at home lately so I thought I would start a hunting log of my hunts.

DD, I'm not trying to copy you.

11/10/2008 (Monday)

I had planned on going this morning but I did'nt really feel like sitting in 15mph winds with 25mph gusts, so I went to school instead. After school I got my grandpaw to drop me off on about 60 acres of land for the afternoon hunt. I get dressed and begin my mile trek to the feild stand.
About 3:45 I arrive at the stand and hear some crunching to my right in the woods. I poke my head over the hill and see about 10 turkeys digging through the leaves. So I hit the ground and rapidly put a primer into my TC Omega .50 cal. (My dad really wants a wild turkey for Thanksgiving this year so we've been trying pretty hard to get one.) Apparently I made too much noise in doing that and scared them off. As I watch them fly away, I spot a red fox run after them. I was going to shoot that as well because I have never killed one before. But I do not get a shot at it either.
After those encounters were over I climb into the homemade stand around 3:50. I get everthing ready, and listen to the turkeys yelp away behind me.
At 4:30 a mama doe with a broken leg comes out into the feild. I was going to shoot her but I was really wanting some horns to stirr my soup with. I decide not to shoot her, and let the other hunters on the property take her.
At 5:00 two fawns come into the feild from my left. One was a button buck and the other was a doe. Again I decide not to shoot and let them grow. They stayed 20 yards away from me for about 10 min. and left.
At 5:20 the mama doe with the broken leg left. I didnt see anything after that. Dave (a fellow hunter on the same property) said that he didnt see any thing other than the fox and turkeys that I saw.

I will be going back out tommorow morning for the best day for hunting so far. Almost no wind and below freezing temps. I can't wait. I really think I'm going to see something.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!!!!!!
i hate hearin this... i mean im not tryin to tell ppl how to hunt but ive been raised to take out a sufferin animal no mater the circumstances