HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Did Some Whacking and Stacking Today
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 08:36 PM
jmbuckhunter
Nontypical Buck

Default Did Some Whacking and Stacking Today

I had Greg/MO and Matt/PA hunting my farm with me this Friday thru Sunday. We were mainly looking for trophy bucks and Matt did see a good one but got winded. We had little bucks crawling all over us and were seeing lots of does. But the does just were not ready yet.

Matt just loved checking trail cameras every day.

All three of us could have shot this half rack buck on numerous occasions. He was roaming all over the farm. If he would have had both sides, he would be at the taxidermists right now. But I don't think he ever grew an antler on that other side. I could not see a base when he was right under me.

Also had this little guy right under me.

So after 2 and a half days and no bucks down we decided on the last evening, if a doe came by without a buck chasing her, we were going to shoot one for a trophy shot.
We ended up shooting 3 does in the last hour of the hunt. Greg shot 2 and I shot one about the same time. We look like an add for Predator Camo. The doe in the front was as big as a horse.

After getting home I decided to give my doe to Greg since he needed 1 more to fill his freezer. We did a little creative stacking on his Cherokee.

OH and Rob, did you bring this guy along from PA?