HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - cutting diameter
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 02:26 PM
WesternMdHardwoods
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: cutting diameter

ORIGINAL: IAhuntr

ORIGINAL: Northport buckslayr

I am still not convinced that you get more blood and damage with a two blade rage than a MUzzy MX-4, or a slick trick magnum. Why is it better to have the cutting area made thinner and longer? I think its just advertising.
From the wording of your statement, it sounds as though you haven't used bothand had a personalhands on comparison. I've shot the RM Gators (2 blade much like aRage, but without the all the hype ) for the better part of 8 years and have also tried different fixed heads as well. The 2 blade 2"expandable without a doubt causes more bleeding and much better blood trail provided you are shooting enough speed and a heavy enough arrow to get consistent pass-throughs. The single straight 2 inch cut seems to open them up much more than a 3 or 4 blade which creates flaps that seem to close up easier. Quite honestly I've never had a fixed blade blood trail that compares to the Gator blood trail.

Look at the pic and tell me which looks likewould bleeds better, the gaping hole of the Gator on the bottom or the healed up Montec 3 blade fixed blade hole from a complete pass thru 10 days prior which can be seen above the Gator hole? I honestly couldn't imagine the Gator/Rage style hole being able to close and heal up at all.
Of course shot placement had everything to do with this specific deer not being mortally wounded from the first shot, but the photo should show the substantial difference in wound channels between the two heads you are comparing.

I gotta question?? How in the world did that deer live through that first shot??? Wow.. Im not sure but from this angle it looks like it should have been high double lung???