HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Please help out a newbie.
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 02:18 PM
bigwhitetailbuck
Fork Horn

Default Please help out a newbie.

Im going up to my property to hunt it for the first time on sunday.... Ive been scouting it over the year. I found 2 pretty awesome spots. One spot is a highly traveled area with apple trees in it. The only thing about this spot is that there are no good trees in the area to put my climber on. It is also pretty thick and there and I would be ground hunting with a bow.I put my camera in this area and thebatteries died within the first 2 hours because they were old. In these 2 hours thoughI capture 2 does.The next area I found is right before I field. Its following a ravine ridge and there are 2 or 3 good rubs. I havent had the chance to put my camera out in this area. And am not too sure about the deer in the area.But the good thing about the second area is that there are plany trees to choose from for my climber. What area do you think I should try out first? Im leaning towards the spot with the rubs because I do not really like to ground hunt, especially with a bow. If I go in the area with the rubs, should I rattle or use a doe bleat.... Or does it not really matter? Please feel free to share any tips. This is my third year out(im 14) and still have not been able to shoot a deer. I would really love to be able to take one this up coming weekend. I appreciate the help!
Mike