HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Tip 1 Over! Thread (29)
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 10:58 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Tip 1 Over! Thread (29)

I've got the next 4 days off. Friday at noon our General Deer Season starts and the rifles come out for the 2.5 week season for the most part.It is very open here and not really safe to bow hunt from the ground since it is a mad house. I try it every year any ways and this year won't be any different.I still might rifle hunt depending on " who " shows up to hunt but hope to hunt more with my bow since I can fill that buck tag witheither bow or rifle. With all the standing corn it should be a lot safer hunting as a guy cansneak in to the sloughs in the fields away from other hunters. Going to be interesting and fun.

Hopefully Ican fill my archery tag before then in the next day and a half. They are talking strong winds and snow tomorrow. I know a couple thicktree patches (5 - 10 acres )were the deer bed that is impossilbe to hunt in calm weather without busting everything out of there when trying to access it.The wind is going to be good for sneaking in.If it does snow like they are predicting... even better !!!! Generally crappy weather makes for poor hunting butin this instance,I think it is going to be real good as the deer like milling around in there all day long.

I let you guys know how it goes. At this point I am still going to be picky and am looking for a big buck. Wehaveuntil January 4th to bowhunt so lots of time.

Good luck to everyone hunting!!

Tim