HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I screwed up help please?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Hunting Kuk
Nontypical Buck

Default I screwed up help please?

dthunterinla:Well, I lost my first buck to buck fever this past weekend. Had a beautiful 8 point walk out about 100 yards away, and suddenly, it seems I lost the ability to shoot straight! I had him lined up, my heart was beating like trip hammer!! The scope was jumping everywhere, just a big mess. After the shot, I looked for 1 1/2 hours and found nothing. No blood, no hair, zilch. I need some advice guys and gals, what in the world can I do to calm down some so I can make the shot? This has never happened before, I've always been excited, but calm to make the shot. Maybe the fact it was the first 8 point I've ever seen? Advice?

same think happend to me but mine was a doe...when i was about to shoot i jerked up and over & amost pulled the trigger but i didnt than i got back on her put the crosshairs on her chest pulled the trigger gently and found no blood how do i cure this espesially on a doe last year i missed 5 times b4 i killed a deer while practising this year i was dead on how do i calm myself down when that big stud steps my way?